I got this link in an email from my mom earlier this week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzBGOOWxkk4
I love that anyone can put anything on Youtube. Except of course the copyrighted material that NBC/ABC/CBS/etc. is quick to remove. But cat videos seem to be an entire genre on Youtube. Who knew? You can just keep clicking from video to video and see anything from “World’s Fattest Cat,” to “The best cat video you will ever see!!!!!” And the exclamation points are just the first hint of how ridiculous the video will be.
Those are just the beginning. It goes on to Cats fight, Talking cat, Cat goes scuba diving. World’s cutest cat, Watch this kitten fall asleep on camera! And my personal favorite, Cat rides a Roomba vacuum.
Anyone can post anything.
I think it comes down to the American mentality of customization. It’s a, “Have it your way,” society. The customer is always right and customer service is one of the toughest fields to be in. The media is constantly telling us that we can and should have things exactly the way we want them. And more importantly, be willing to pay whatever the cost to have it this way.
At the same time though, I think we almost like having fewer choices. Uniforms make getting dressed in the morning a whole lot easier. Or what about the West coast burger chair In-N-Out? They have about six items on their menu and they are wildly popular there. I’ll let them lead by example.
Ciao
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment